Monday, November 5, 2007

chapter 18

Let me just start by saying that blogging is exhausting. I don't know why. When it comes down to it, it only takes about 10-15 minutes, but it just drains me. Anyway, Chapter 18 was in all honesty, interesting. I thought it was important to include the way reporters organize themselves, even if it is poorly. Sometimes I like to put myself in a situation like that, a situation where I am a reporter chasing an investigation. I really wonder what I would do, whether I would be really organized or really messy. The biggest questions I have revolve around what really big writers have done. Another point that I thought was intersting was how NRAW, my acronym for the book, points out that you should form a hypothesis because investigative reporting is a lot like science. I see what they were getting at, but they also note that you should go in expecting to be wrong. Again, I completey understand where they are going, but where do you draw the line between making a move based on an assertion you have about the situation and going in without any preconceived notions? Hmm

No comments: