Monday, September 24, 2007

Obituaries

I don't know if that is exactly the career path for me. I respect it and everything, but jeeze, I have enough problems with me emotions as it is. I don't need more pain and sadness. But jokes aside, I see the interest and challenge of trying to respecfully explain an inevitably sad situation, such as someone's passing. Also about the reluctance of newspapers to post addresses or even funeral times, understandable, but WTF? Excuse the language. I am from L.A. and people are jerks, but man that was surprising that obituaries still pose risks of some sort to the living. I can understand the idea of it being a once in awhile occurance, for example the overzealous stalker or criminal, but to the point where it is a common policy for many newspapers?
A bit disconcerting if you ask me.

No comments: