Monday, September 17, 2007

multimedia journalism

I agree. Using a timeline dramatically increasing the value of understanding for the reader. The value of comprehension increases so much. id like to have a class that pushes the boundaries of producing online or multimedia content. I know tehre are classes that ask you to produce media, but it would be interesting to have a class that asks you to experiment with creating multimedia pckages. An online video with links to text or something that could be a lot more of a clean package. Or maybe I am asking to be a bit too creative. Just getting kind of tired of the overemphasis on practicality.

On quotes.

Perhaps my favorite part of journalism. Quotes mean talking to people and and interviews. If it were up to me, I would just get to interview people, do some research and find out what is going on. Talking to people is the best part. It was interesting because last year, in doing a report of yours truly, mead loop, I got to interview John Batelle, the author of Google: The Search and he said to me that yahoo and search engines like that could never possible replace journalists because we as an industry, are paid to have conversations with people. And that was one of the cool things that I've come across speaking to people.

No comments: